Year 4-9 New Age Kurling Competition
Date(s) - 06/11/2019
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Venue: Dee Banks School, Dee Banks, Great Boughton, Chester, CH3 5XF
To enter this event, all four players must meet the eligibility criteria.
|Age Category||Years 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|Squad Size||Each team must consist of 4 players|
|Gender||Teams can be any gender make up|
|Eligibility||· To play in these events players must have either a physical or sensory disability or a learning disability. Please note this list does not include many common learning difficulties (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD). As a guide a learning disability will have been present from birth / early age and have an accompanying educational statement. Players with such learning disabilities are eligible – if unsure please check with a school SENCO.
· Impairments eligible: learning disability, partially sighted, cerebral palsy, amputee, partial hearing / deaf and other physical disabilities including wheelchair users.
· Impairments not eligible: learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD)
· Players with Emotional Behaviour Disorders must have an accompanying educational statement.
|Basic Rules||· Each player delivers stones corresponding to their team colour, red or blue, towards the target at the opposite end of the court.
· Stones can be propelled using any part of the body or using a pusher, providing that the player is behind the delivery line on releasing the stone.
· Individuals/teams take it in turns to deliver the first stone of an end. The individual/team going first in the first end should be determined by a toss of a coin.
· Each game consists of four ends. An end is completed when all eight stones have been played. A team scores one point for each stone that is closer to the centre than any opposition stone.
· At the completion of four ends, the points scored on each end are added together. The individual/team with the highest total score wins.
The closing date for entries is Wednesday 23rd October 2019.