Active 60 minutes CPD session
Date(s) - 23/05/2018
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
All primary schools who are applying for the School Games Mark for 2017-2018 must attend a Childhood Obesity Plan Local Engagement Event.
We have been requested by the Department of Health to deliver a local engagement event to increase awareness and understanding of the 60 active minutes ambition and the role of schools in achieving 30 active minutes for every child every day.
The local engagement event will support schools to increase physical activity throughout the school day to boost health and academic achievement for their students. It looks at how schools can:
- Meet the requirements of the government’s childhood obesity plan.
- Develop their understanding of the evidence and research underpinning active approaches in schools.
- Learn how to use the free Active School Planner to increase daily activity and reduce sitting time for every child.
- Explore solutions to boost wellbeing and achievement by building 30 active minutes of physical activity into the whole school day and influencing 30 active minutes beyond the school day.
By the end of the workshop, delegates should be able to:
- Advocate why high levels of physical activity across the school day lead to healthier and more effective learners.
- Reflect on how effective their current provision is at promoting physical activity throughout the school day.
- Know how to reduce sedentary behaviour and embed physical activity in their school.
- Plan their journey to becoming an Active School.
Prior to attending the local engagement event, each delegate should:
- Register on the Active School Planner and spend 10 minutes exploring the site (www.activeschoolplanner.org).
- Download the 10 quick wins resource from the Active School Planner and bring this to the training event.
- Bring a laptop or tablet (wherever possible) to work through the active school planner tool.
All primary schools applying for the School Games Mark this year are required to attend this CPD session.
If you want to attend this workshop, please book your place now.
Bookings are closed for this event.