New Age Kurling Years 2-9
Date(s) - 10/11/2021
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Age Category: Years 2-9
Squad size: Each team must consist of 4 players (of any gender specification)
Venue: Northgate Arena, Victoria Road, Chester, CH2 2AU
Please can all schools bring their own first aider and sanitiser. Children will be required to sanitise their hands between each attempt at delivering the ball.
- Each player delivers stones corresponding to their team colour, red or blue, towards the target at the opposite end of the court.
- Stones can be propelled using any part of the body or using a pusher, providing that the player is behind the delivery line on releasing the stone.
- Individuals/teams take it in turns to deliver the first stone of an end. The individual/team going first in the first end should be determined by a toss of a coin.
- Each game consists of four ends. An end is completed when all eight stones have been played. A team scores one point for each stone that is closer to the centre than any opposition stone.
- At the completion of four ends, the points scored on each end are added together. The individual/team with the highest total score wins.
To play in these events players must have either a physical or sensory disability or a learning disability. Please note that many common learning difficulties (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD) are not eligible. As a guide a learning disability will have been present from birth / early age and have an accompanying educational statement. Players with such learning disabilities are eligible – if unsure please check with a school SENCO.
Impairments eligible: learning disability, partially sighted, cerebral palsy, amputee, partial hearing / deaf and other physical disabilities including wheelchair users.
Impairments not eligible: learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia, ADHD)
Players with Emotional Behaviour Disorders must have an accompanying educational statement.
The winner goes through to the county final.